Thursday, December 10, 2009

Out of Commission: What I've Learned (vol. 1)


Starting this morning and for the next few days I will by laying on my back doing nothing productive. Here's what I've learned so far.

1. If you ever have minor surgery (the kind where you're still awake and can talk to the guy doing it) agree with every point he makes. The man with the scalpel gets the final say. Here's an example.

What I said: "Allen Iverson is the most overrated player in NBA history."
What I should have said: "Yessir doc. I love A.I. too. Practice is overrated. Who needs it? Happy scalping."



2. I'm about to finish Ron Paul's book The Revolution: A Manifesto. It's good and you should read it. When you finish reading it, mail a copy to your congressman and senators. Next up on the Out of Commission Reading List is To Kill a Mockingbird and End the Fed.

3. I watched the movie Appaloosa. It was okay but I liked it better the first time I saw it when it was called Tombstone. Some of the characters even had the same names (Virgil and Allie). Unfortunately there was no Doc Holiday type character to put the movie over the edge like Val Kilmer did in Tombstone. Viggo Mortensen stole the show but it just wasn't enough for me.




4. The Brady Bunch is a much better show when you had to take Valium that morning. The movie Eddie and the Cruisers is still bad. Maybe I should've watched The Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd on in the background while the getting was still good. Oh well.

5. God has blessed me with the best wife in the world. She has done an excellent job of taking care of us three boys. She drove me around today and laughed at/with me during my legal intoxication, she has made excellent meals, she has bathed and chased after our two rug rats and she has commanded me not to do anything to help. All of this without a word of complaint. Proverbs 31 is a very meaningful chapter right about now. God is good.

If I learn anything else, I'll let you know. Until then, Eddie Lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment